Thursday, June 23, 2011

Linens and Things

The Final Product

I finally was able to finish my linen closet and although it was not too much of a disaster, the month of June has been a little bit crazy!! I grabbed any little moment I had and tackled one shelf at a time- maybe not super efficient, but it worked. Even if I had 20 minutes, I would empty a shelf, purge and sort and then regroup. Again, this is a closet that is just not very conducive to organization, it is skinny and deep- so much can get lost - how can you keep the linens neat? Here are some ideas that I figured out along the way.
So you open the door and sigh, ok start at the bottom- always purge and sort then put any small items into baskets/bins. Next, work your way up- get rid of any old towels, blankets and sets of sheets that are not complete- just chuck it! Put the towels and sheets in the middle shelves- the ones most convinent to get to. Place lighter linens in front now that it is summer and put heavy blankets and extra comforters behind or on the top shelf. When I got to the beach/pool towels- I did throw some out, but I moved the rest to the mud room so we can grab and go! Last step, get the shelf dividers- they are coming to my house asap- so they can keep all the linens in line! 


These can be used for linens and so much more, containerstore.com
Summer brings visitors-These storage bags are great for extra linens that do not fit in the closet,  target.com









No comments:

Post a Comment